I know, I know…I’ve been a complete slacker. Well, not really…
Actually, I’ve been so completely engaged it’s not even funny! We literally haven’t stopped since we moved here! That certainly is not a complaint, however, as we are absolutely loving life! It almost feels strange to be sitting here in front of my computer screen…almost foreign….yikes! I shudder at that thought! My computer? FOREIGN? Not hardly!!!! Ok, it was only for a moment…I’m better now. Whew!
Where to begin… At the beginning you say? Well ok… here goes.
So, we moved exactly one month, one week and five days ago. I had my new house completely unpacked, pictures hung, and boxes empty in exactly 6 days. I rested on the 7th day. God did it, so I figured, why not follow the footsteps of the Master? Just kidding…I didn’t realize that’s how long it took until I sat here and thought about it. And actually, I didn’t rest on the 7th day. God is way smarter than I am! I haven’t rested until today…my body spoke to me last night and basically said, “That’s it, woman…I’m DONE!” Not even the shirt could move me today!
I have just been so thrilled about our new surroundings and busy lifestyle that I haven’t wanted to stop! It’s like being a kid at a carnival. You just want to stuff that last piece of cotton candy in your mouth so bad even though you know your mom said ‘that’s enough…you’ll make yourself sick!’
Well, I stuffed it. Was it worth it? Oh yeah baby…you know it was!
So today, I rest. Well, rest and blog. (Don’t push it people…this is resting for me!)
Here are some highlights and FYI’s about this past month that I will be touching on in future posts:
1. We still have Abby and she’s doing well. It’s been a little rough because of the busy schedule, but we’re getting there and we love her dearly!
2. All three of my girls have been to camp. If you’ve never sent your kids…do it. Find some camp that is suitable for your family and let them go…so important! Especially when you home school…I’ll ‘splain later.
3. Hosting movie nights at your house can be the most fun you’ve had in a while!
3. We had a great yard sale in which we raised moolah for my oldest daughter’s trip to Detroit next month. Very successful…I’ll be talking about the do’s and don’t's of yard sales later on. Hopefully I can save you some time and footwork!
4. And oh yeah….I’VE LOST 41 POUNDS SINCE THE MIDDLE OF APRIL!!!! Yes, I did it. I actually lost the unruly toddler I was carrying around my mid-section! I haven’t wanted to blog about it because for me, it’s not accountability, just stressful! I know you’re wondering how I did it, so I’ll just say…come back and visit me tomorrow for the story of my weight loss journey.
So, here I am. I haven’t abandoned you, and I hope you will continue to come visit me and make super sweet comments. I have a whole arsenal of information, recipes and stories to share. Stick around….it’ll be worth it!
Here are a few pics of the new crib…(quality is not so great…these were taken with my cell)
Just a few to give you an idea and welcome you in…I’ve missed you!